Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm going on an adventure!

My journey begins by creating this blog. Not only for class but so that my friends and family can see what I'm up to on my first trip abroad. I plan to do everything that I can possibly do! I might even get to go on a fishing trip!! I also cant wait to learn about another biome first hand other than my own! One of my dreams in life has been to see a species of animal that nobody else in my family or circle of friends has seen in person. This is my chance do to that! My only apprehension is that I will burn when I first get there and be miserable the whole trip. However, my sunscreen is already bought and I plan on taking plenty. One of our assignments is to pick either plants or birds to study while we are there. I chose to study birds. All the bright colors and strange behaviors (like mating dances and nest building) have always interested me. I included a map of Costa Rica for my friends and family. I will be in San Jose, Alajuela, Uvita (and another place close to that), and Cahuita (where I get to fish). I cant wait to share my adventure with everyone and make life long memories in the first country to be stamped on my passport!

2 comments:

  1. Costa Rica is an awesome first stamp for your passport. I caught the travel bug in 1997 with a trip across Europe by train. From Amsterdam to the Czech Republic which at that time still looked like Soviet Russia to me. I have been to the UK two times and to the US Virgin Islands once. I am going on the trip and love birds as well. I look forward to a wonderful trip with a good group. There is so much to learn there, Costa Rica has been a destination on my "bucket list" for some time and i can check it off soon!!! You will love the ecosystem,the culture, just being outside the US is like being outside the box. See you soon!
    Christopher Steltzlen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only traveling experience has been in the U.S. but I am planning on seeing the world. I'm excited to get out of my tiny box.

      Delete