Friday, June 27, 2014

The worst day

Day 3 (Monday) was not very fun for me. It was bike riding day. I haven't been on a bike in about 20 years and even then I wasn't good at it. We took a bus to a neighboring town and rented bikes. I got grease on me before we even left because I had a mans bike that was too big for me. Once I got a woman's bike we were ready. We rode on a public street where the people are already used to bike riders. I was terrified of getting hit by one! I'm terrible at steering so it was very stressful for me. Ludrick hung out at the back of the pack with me as my own personal cheerleader. He was very positive and patient. Once we got to our destination, Manzanillo, we ate at a place called Maxi's. I got a sirloin steak with some veggies and salad. It was amazing and cost me about 12 American dollars!

We rested and headed back. The entire bike ride was about 18 miles and it was raining.  Close to the end we stopped at an outdoor bar. The floors were gravel and they had giant swings.

Overall I did not enjoy bike day (the worst day) but I enjoyed the fact that I challenged myself and succeeded at something I was unsure I would be able to do.

1 comment:

  1. That was a tough day for me as well, but we conquered the physical challenge and saw and heard some amazing Howler Monkeys!!!

    ReplyDelete