Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I hope I don't fry!!!

The next morning we packed up, had breakfast and headed to Uvita. We checked into our hostel and headed to the beach at Uvita national park. Its nickname is Whale Tail because when the tide is low part of the beach looks like a whales tail. We were told ahead of time to make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen because there was ZERO shade on this beach. It was then I felt like I was walking right into a second degree burn and I started to nervously layer on the SPF 50. Once we arrived I realized there was no exaggeration in the "no shade" statement. It was a gorgeous beach that looked as if it went on for miles. Dark sand soaked up the sun and made for a warm walk. On the way to our spot we were informed that we had to shuffle once we were in the water to avoid stingray stings. I kinda got excited at the thought of being that close to a stingray but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) we didn't see any. The water was very warm and we had to wade out a little farther to be in the cooler water but it was very nice. Once we were almost ready to go Ludrick and Christian informed us they had drawn a picture in the sand for us to take pictures by. We took our photos then headed back.



No comments:

Post a Comment