Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Pura Vida!

To sum it all up this was a life changing experience. I can never say enough about my incredible journey. My goal was to challenge myself to do things I never dreamed of doing. 3 years and 50 pounds ago I would have never imagined myself in Costa Rica taking surfing lessons, hiking, zip lining, looking down from a conopy walkway high up in a forest and not being afraid, looking at a volcano from my hostel balcony, standing on a beach where that volcano had erupted, jumping into pools fed by waterfalls, eating termites and drinking from flowers, tasting food made by someone I could barely talk to,and in general traveling around a country in which I only know a hand full of people. I realized that every decision I have ever made has led me to this point in my life and all the bad times and heartache were worth it. The first thing we learned about Costa Rica was that the unofficial national saying is "Pura Vida". You say it when you say come in or when you leave or whenever you feel like it. It means "pure life" and we were taught just what that is all about. Its about adventure and discovery and challenging yourself. Its about accomplishing more than you dreamed you could do. Its about getting outside of you comfort zone and daring to try new things. Even if you fail at least you can say you tried. Pura Vida means loving the environment and loving people. Saying "hola" and smiling to complete strangers as you pass by. Its about treating everyday as a new adventure and waking up ready to conquer the day. Pura Vida is apart of me now and has forever changed me. Costa Rica has become an incredible part of my story and Pura Vida will forever be in my soul. I will live my life as if everyday is a new adventure and never take anything for granted.
I will never forget Costa Rica and Pura Vida!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment