Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The day we didn't want to come

Saturday morning we were awoken at 3:30 to get ready to leave for the airport. There wasn't as much talk on the bus like usual. Mainly because it was 4 am but also because we knew it was time to leave. We arrived at the airport and once paying our exit tax said goodbye to Christian and Ludrick. I was proud of myself for not crying. These two men had become like family in the very short time we spent together and I realized again how much travel can bond complete strangers and make life long memories. We made it through every security point and were finally on the plane to Houston. Once in Houston we realized we had to say goodbye to Brittney.


Again I teared up because this girl had become a best friend in a very short amount of time and I wasnt ready to say goodbye. We said our sad goodbyes and headed to our gate. We knew we were home when we spotted the Whataburger and the Panda Express on the way. We ate a quick lunch and were back on the tiny plane to OKC. When we arrived our goodbyes were not as heartbreaking as I had imagined they would be but I still fought back tears when I said my goodbyes before baggage claim. I never imagined that I would become as close to the other travelers as I did. What started out as simply traveling together turned into friendship and an adventure that none of us will ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment